The Silicon Valley Intensive English Program (SVIEP) provides high-quality, intensive English instruction at Cañada College, with a pathway to matriculate to any of our three colleges upon successful completion of Level 4. Read about our program features below to see why this is the best program for you!
Winnie's Success Story: From SVIEP to ART HISTORY MAJOR at College of San Mateo
"One can’t ask for a better place than SVIEP to learn English as a second language to become prepared to take on a new level of learning. When I graduated from SVIEP in 2017, I benefited a lot so that I could start my college life smoothly. SVIEP is characterized by a small class system that truly focuses on what students need both in study and life and effectively helps them make progress. I am grateful for what I have achieved and believe that it will also happen to you. Studying in SVIEP is the first step to your success and I wish you a future filled with support and success."
Silicon Valley Intensive English Program
SVIEP students who successfully complete SVIEP Level 4 are guaranteed admission into the San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley (Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College). To ease this process, college staff provide Transition-to-College workshops and events for students planning to matriculate.
Program features include:
- No TOEFL or IELTS score required for admission. Students take an English assessment test upon arrival. (SVIEP accepts EIKEN scores below 2A).
- SVIEP offers 4 levels of instruction. Upon successful completion of our program, students will be guaranteed admission into one of our 3 colleges.
- Ten admission dates per year with study options for multiple 4-week modules. Students usually finish one SVIEP level in 4-12 weeks depending on individual performance and progress.
- 15-20 hours of instruction per week with skill areas such as Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing, Grammar, and American Culture.
- F1 Student Tuition price and I-20 bank statement requirements are based only on the number of sessions for which you apply.
- Small classes with hands-on personal attention taught by experienced instructors with Master’s Degrees (TESOL, Applied Linguistics, and related fields).
- Multi-level program with preparation for transition to college and student support services such as tutoring, note taking, study skills, and financial and career planning. Students also have opportunities to engage with Americans, join student clubs and cross-cultural activities, and visit local universities.
- Guaranteed admission into one of our three colleges upon successful completion of Level 4.
- Priority admission for students who matriculate from SVIEP to San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley and wish to transfer to UC or CSU institutions.
Customized English Instruction for Foreign-Born Professionals
In partnership with Community, Continuing and Corporate Education (CCCE) , we provide customized English-language training for your employees at your location. Training may include Accent Modification, Pronunciation and Presentation Skills, Business Writing Skills, or other skills you identify as needed. All trainings will be based on a thorough understanding of your needs by CCCE and SVIEP staff, and trainings will be conducted by experienced, expert instructors. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
Silicon Valley Customized Contract Programs (Short-Term)
Through our Community, Continuing and Corporate Education (CCCE) department, we provide customized educational programs for business professionals, educators, administrators, teachers, engineers, entrepreneurs and more. Designed and taught by select faculty with relevant instructional expertise and industry experience, these customized programs can last days or weeks, depending on your desired plan. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
International Winter/Spring/Summer Camps
Through our Community, Continuing and Corporate Education (CCCE) department, we provide customized educational programs for Middle School, High School, or University students. Designed and delivered by experienced staff and faculty, each camp is based on your desired focus. Previous camp topics have included Robotics, Entrepreneurship, English language classes, American culture classes, Critical Thinking, Design Thinking, History & Culture of Silicon Valley, informative presentations by representatives of The San Mateo Colleges, and more, as well as visits to famous Bay Area locations and cultural sites of interest. Contact email@example.com to learn more.