In 2001 the San Mateo County Community College District commissioned a facilities master planning process to assess the current condition of the physical environment, identify the repair/renovation and new construction projects required to support the current and future instructional needs of College of San Mateo. The outcome of that planning process is the 2001 Educational Facilities Master Plan. The first phase of the capital improvement program (CIP1) directly addressed the most urgent needs identified in the 2001 Educational Facilities Master Plan, in support of College of San Mateo’s mission.
In 2006 the District reviewed and updated the master plan. The outcome of that eight-month planning process is the 2006 Facilities Master Plan. The second phase of the capital improvement program (CIP2) will be comprised of projects identified in this updated master plan.
In 2011, the District reviewed and improved the master plan. The 2011 Facilities Master Plan enhances the original master plan.
In 2015, the District again reviewed and updated the master plan. The 2015 Facilities Master Plan amendment is intended to complete the vision started in 2001
For current information on how the Capital Improvement Construction Projects will impact the campus, click on the links below:
Project summaries are currently available for the following Districtwide Capital Improvement Construction Projects. Click on each project for more details:
- District Office Restroom Renovation Project
- Districtwide NoX Boiler Burner Replacement
- Districtwide Parking Lot Repair Project
- Districtwide NoX Boiler Burner Replacement Project
- Districtwide Hazardous Materials Abatement Unit Price Contract
- Districtwide Infrastructure Physical Access Controls Phase I
- Theater House Lighting Retrofit Project
- Districtwide Utility Measurement and Verification Project
- Districtwide Exterior Lighting Project
- Districtwide Fire Alarm Panels Upgrade Project