2018 Contractor Prequalification & Requalification
(Available on September 27, 2017)
SMCCCD’s 2018 Contractor Prequalification is just around the corner. The application will open on Wednesday, September 27, 2017. The link to the application will become available here on this webpage.
Who must prequalify? The District requires that all general and prime contractors must be pre-qualified to bid. The District will not accept bids from Contractors that are not pre-qualified.
Are you already prequalified with the District? If you prequalified during the 2017 process, all you need do is log in to the prequalification site, read through the application, update any information that might be new for your firm and submit your application.
Are you a new applicant? New applicants will enter the site, provide some preliminary information to register, establish a password and complete and submit the detailed questionnaire. New applicants should have the following information at hand when you begin the application process:
- Company’s General Information (address, corporate/principal’s details, main contact)
- Classifications/License Information
- Audited Financial Statements
- Information about Owners/Key Staff (name, title, year started with firm, education, degrees, licenses and certifications, project roles and responsibilities, etc.)
- Bank Information (bank name, address, phone, account and balance information)
- Bonding Information
- EMR and Insurance and Information
- Recent Projects and Reference Information
- Prevailing Wage Information (sample of certified payroll, health and welfare benefits, retirement benefits)
- Apprenticeship Information
- Surety Letter
- Litigation and Arbitration Information (A Supplemental Questionnaire will need to be completed and uploaded to company’s application)
Questions? A non-mandatory prequalification conference is scheduled for Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 11:00AM at the SMCCC District Office Board Room, 3401 CSM Drive, San Mateo, CA. If you plan to attend, please send an email with “RSVP” in the subject line to email@example.com. Please include your firm name and number of attendees. As always, if you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS (DIR) Public Works Contractor Registration Program
All public works projects are subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Department of Industrial Relations. ALL contractors and subcontractors bidding and working on public works projects MUST register with the DIR. As part of its prequalification process, the District requires all applicants who submit a 2018 Prequalification application to be registered with the Department of Industrial Relations. Registration and further information regarding this process can be found on the DIR website at: http://www.dir.ca.gov/Public-Works/PublicWorks.html
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Which contractors must be prequalified?
A: Contractors of all license types, who want to enter into prime construction contracts with the District must be prequalified. Subcontractors are not normally required to be prequalified. However, the District may elect to prequalify subcontractors for a specific project, which will be made known at the time the project is bid. Construction contractor prequalification is not required for project specific prequalification.
Q: How long is the prequalification period?
A:Prequalification is valid through the calendar year i.e. January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018.
If you have any questions about the 2018 prequalification cycle, please send an email to email@example.com.