2023 SMCCCD-First Passport Grant
SMCCCD Study Abroad is excited to announce that we will offer 10 First Passport Grants in 2023 to SMCCCD students who plan to study abroad, but never had a passport. This is the first time we offer this kind of grant to students.
Deadline: Friday, December 1, 2023
How It Works
SMCCCD Study Abroad will offer reimbursement for the regular passport service fees for eligible applicants applying for their very first passport through the U.S Passport Services at Skyline College (Building 19, Room 412, Parking Lot L-3).
After the application is approved, the applicant will be informed by SMCCCD Study Abroad. They will receive a check ($130+$35 = $165) for the regular passport service fees they have paid.
- Must be currently enrolled as a SMCCCD student.
- Must be a U.S. citizen by birth or naturalization.
- Must be applying for an adult U.S. Passport for the very first time (using DS-11 form; never had a passport).
- Priority will be given to students who have been accepted by a SMCCCD study abroad program or are in the process of application.
How to Apply for Your First Passport
- Review the U.S. Passport Application Checklist. Visit the website of the U.S. Passport Services at Skyline College for more information.
- Reach out to email@example.com or call us at (650)-738-4252 if you have any questions about passport application.
Passport photos can also be taken for free if the student has made an appointment with a Study Abroad Team member for study abroad counseling. Passport Photos can be taken at the U.S. Passport Services at Skyline College.