Active Shooter Incident
1. Call 9-9-1-1 (on-campus phone)
2. If you see or hear gunfire, notify the Public Safety Department immediately. Provide the dispatcher with all available information regarding the threat.
3. Assess the situation. If it is safer to remain in the classroom/office, then stay put and lock or barricade doors. Do not open doors unless instructed to do so by staff or authorized personnel. Emergency responders may enter the room using a master key or by providing positive identification.
4. The campus may be placed on a heightened security status. Remain quiet until more can be learned about the situation.
5. Calmly and quietly review emergency evacuation procedures to prepare for possible evacuation. Remain in classroom/office unless notified by the appropriate authorities.
RUN. HIDE. FIGHT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VcSwejU2D0
SURVIVING AN ACTIVE SHOOTER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFQ-oxhdFjE