Active Assailant Incident
1. Call 9-1-1 for a police response. Provide the dispatcher with all available information regarding
2. Notify the Public Safety Department immediately at (650) 738-7000. Provide the dispatcher with all available information regarding the threat.
3. Assess the situation. If it is safer to remain in the classroom/office, then stay put and lock or barricade doors. Do not open doors unless instructed to do so by staff or authorized personnel. Emergency responders may enter the room using a master key or by providing positive identification.
4. The campus may be placed on a heightened security or lockdown/barricade status. Remain quiet until more can be learned about the situation.
5. Calmly and quietly review emergency evacuation procedures to prepare for possible evacuation. Remain in classroom/office unless notified by the appropriate authorities.
RUN. HIDE. FIGHT.
SURVIVING AN ACTIVE SHOOTER