Software and Hardware Technology Purchases
Software and technology purchases (other than allowable procard purchases) should be made in consultation with the IT Department. IT related electronic equipment includes cell phones, high-volume scanners (costing more than $200), tablet computers, i-pads, e-readers, laptops, desktop computers, printers (any type of printer regardless of cost), cameras (except “point and shoot” cameras costing less than $200), or projectors . The timeline from consultation to receipt of the technology is typically 2-4 weeks. The process for purchasing technology is as follows:
- The requestor submits an IT work order to initiate a consultation with IT.
- IT consults with requestor, makes a recommendation, and creates a formal quote with the appropriate vendor.
- The quote is forwarded by IT to the requestor and to IT support.
- The requestor obtains the accounting information through appropriate college channels and sends the quote, along with the accounting information to IT support at email@example.com .
- IT support enters the purchase requisition which is routed through Banner for department/college approval.
- Once approved, Purchase Order is created by the Purchasing technology IT buyer.
- The equipment or software is delivered to IT tech support. IT tech support contacts the requestor and makes arrangements for installation.