We at SMCCCD are grateful to have a community of students, faculty, staff and administrators who have been willing to adapt to the rapidly changing and genuinely challenging circumstances of the COVID-19 epidemic. It has demanded that we alter the way we conduct our academic and business operations at SMCCCD in an incredibly short period of time. Below is information we hope will help answer some of your questions and aid you in performing your jobs in these unprecedented times.
Health and Wellness
We have compiled a list of resources that may be useful in supporting the success of our staff during these challenging times.
- Employee Assistant Program
Keep Calm & Carry On
- Strategies to tackle feelings of anxiety and stress
- Practical techniques for working from home
- Ways to address signs of panic in the workplace
- When to reach out for further help and support
- Watch this video on Estate Planning Essentials: In the Wake of Coronavirus.
Working From Home
- Working from Home - Ergonomics Presentation As we move into the world of working remotely, ergonomics becomes an important risk management tool to ensure we are safe when working from home or other remote locations
- Working from Home - Ergonomic Request Form Please complete this form if you are requesting a virtual work place assessment.
- Staying Healthy at Home - San Mateo Athletic Club has posted a wealth of resources for exercising and staying healthy during the shelter-in-place order.
Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family & Medical Leave
Please find in this section information regarding Emergency Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
COVID19 Emergency Paid Sick Leave Form - If you cannot work (or work remotely) due to a COVID-19 related reason, please complete this form.
COVID19 Expanded Family & Medical Leave Form - If you cannot work (or work remotely) because you are caring for a child whose school or place of care is closed (or child care provider is unavailable) due to COVID-19 related reasons and you need to take time off beyond the initial two week period please complete this form.
Retirement Plan Provisions of CARES Act
The COVID-19 stimulus package has provisions regarding retirement plans, including expanded and penalty-free withdrawal rights, expanded loan rights, extended rights to repay loans and withdrawals, and a deferral of mandatory distributions. Please contact the retirement plan provider or Human Resources for additional information.