The San Francisco Bay Area is known for its natural beauty, liberal politics, affluence, diversity, and technology.
The San Mateo colleges are located between World Class City of San Francisco and High Tech Capital of the World, Silicon Valley. The San Mateo Colleges are approximately 15 and 30 minutes from the Pacific Ocean, minutes from hiking areas and beautiful national parks, and five hours to ski resorts in northern California. We are within easy traveling distance to several principal colleges and universities: Stanford University , U.C. Berkeley, San Francisco State University, San Jose State University , and Santa Clara University. Plus we are only 30 minutes from local airports.
- Everyday Needs - A listing of local places for grocery shopping, pharmacies, community centers, etc...
- San Francisco Chronicle - Stay up-to-date with the latest news in the Bay Area
- San Francisco Bay Area - Trip Advisor - Top recommended things to do in the San Francisco Bay Area
- San Francisco Bay Area - Fairs and Festivals
- San Francisco Bay Area - Museums and Galleries
Major Shopping Centers/Malls
- Hillsdale Shopping Center (near College of San Mateo)
- Stanford Shopping Center (near Cañada College)
- Westfield Valley Fair Mall (south of Cañada College)
- Westfield San Francisco Center (north of Skyline College)
- Santana Row (south of Cañada College)
- Tanforan Shopping Center (near Skyline College)
College of San Mateo