Beginning on Monday, October 4 2010, the re-construction of the Athletic Roadway between North Loop Road and the B3 portables will begin. The new roadway will include the addition of a concrete sidewalk and curb along its south side linking Lot P to the new stairway between B3 and B4 and to the rest of the campus. In order for this work to occur it will require the following disruptions to campus parking and circulation patterns as follows:
· The Athletic Road will be closed from October 4 – November 5 from North Loop Road to the B3 portables. The roadway will be fenced along both north and south edges.
· Lot R will be closed to parking from October 4 – November 5. Faculty and Staff are encouraged to park in Lot M during the closure.
· Lot D will be re-allocated from a visitor’s parking lot to a handicap accessible lot from October 4 to November 8. All persons parking in Lot D must display a handicap placard or sufficient permission to park in an accessible space. Temporary signage will be posted to notify drivers of the change. Signage will direct visitors to park in Lot M.
· The Redi-Wheels drop off in Lot R will be temporarily relocated to Lot D from October 4 – November 5.
· Access to the portables will be available via the elevator and the B3 lower level lobby door.
· Work will be scheduled to have minimum impact on scheduled soccer games.
· Lot P will remain open for parking.
o From October 4 – 10 pedestrian access from Lot P to the main campus will be via the North Loop Road.
o From October 11 – November 5 pedestrian access from Lot P to the campus will be via the sidewalk between the soccer and baseball fields and across Lot R.
· Electronic signage will be posted at the intersection of Athletic Road and the Loop Road noting “Lot D – Handicap Accessible Parking Only” and “Visitor Parking in Lot M”.
See this map for road closure details. Thank you for your patience during the construction.
Jack Herbert, AIA, LEED AP
SWINERTON MANAGEMENT & CONSULTING
Construction Managers for the San Mateo County Community College District CIP
3300 College Drive, Loma Chica
San Bruno, CA 94066
O: 650.738.7037 F: 650.738.7043 C: 510.910.4536