Hi everyone – the time is drawing near and construction of our new Building 4 (Administration/Multicultural Center/Cosmetology) will be getting underway in January. Hensel Phelps Construction, the general contractor for our Building 4 construction, will need to mobilize their crews, establish equipment and material laydown areas, and begin excavation and infrastructure work. In order to do this, they will need to isolate the construction area by erecting fencing to safeguard the campus from construction activities - all the while creating safe passageways for pedestrians and vehicles. Unfortunately, this means disruptions to trafficability and parking as we know it.
Please open the attached file – it is a map illustrating the Loop Road closure, Staff Lot 6 and Staff Lot 10 closures. Notice also the creation of a staff parking lot [planned for ~20 spaces] behind Bldg 7A (new Staff Lot 7A) and a temporary staff parking area [planned for ~ 50 spaces] behind our Portable Classrooms (Staff Lot 10).
Effective Friday, January 2, 2009, the Loop Road will be closed along the entire length of Staff Parking Lot 6 – thus closing any through traffic on the Loop Road at that location. Additionally, Staff Parking Lots 6 and 10 will be closed.
Preliminary warning signs will go in the street medians (both Sharp Park Boulevard and Skyline Boulevard entrances) and along the Loop Road in the coming weeks to start ‘sensitizing’ vehicle drivers of the impending Loop Road and Staff Parking Lot closures. These closures will be in effective for at least two years (Spring 2011).
How do I navigate the Loop Road closure? Please refer to the attached map file -
- If you’re coming on campus from the Sharp Park Road entrance –
- Turn left only if you want to go the Childcare Center, our Visitor’s Lot, Loma Chica, or if you’re making deliveries to Bldg 5 or Bldg 6.
- Turn right for everywhere else you need to go on campus.
- If you’re coming on campus from the Skyline Boulevard (Hwy 35) entrance –
- Turn right only if you want to go to Student Parking Lot 5, Student Parking behind Pacific Heights, Childcare Center, or Staff Parking in a newly created temporary parking lot behind the Portable Classroom buildings.
- Turn left for everywhere else you need to go on campus.
Questions concerning parking and traffic concerns should be directed to Lori Adrian at email@example.com or Mike Celeste at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the construction of our new Bldg 4 can be directed to Zak Conway, Swinerton Project Manager, at email@example.com or ext 7042.
Please, please, please be careful (particularly of other drivers) when driving throughout campus after these closures are in effect – traffic will be ‘chaotic’ – and allow yourselves some extra time. We’ve been through this before and we’ll get through this again.